Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

303777 16 hp b&g governer linkage

04-19-09, 02:28 PM   #1  
303777 16 hp b&g governer linkage

I bought a used JD Lawn tractor LT166 with a 16 hp b&s on it. I have mowed with it for two seasons. Now I have grown tired of the least bit of grass drawing down the power so much you have to stop. I pulled off the air filter assy to have a look at the governor and carburetor. The thing I noticed is that the governor linkage doesn't appear to be hooked up properly. I have been looking for a drawing of the proper linkage hook up. I have found the parts brake down on the b&S website but doesn't show how to hook it up. Any help on the proper placement of the springs and the throtle cable in hooking to the governor assy. would be great thanks in advance. the engine number is 303777-1162-E1

Scott

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-19-09, 06:46 PM   #2  
The governor linkage should just be a rod with a spring over it going from the governor arm to the throttle shaft on the carb. There should be a spring going from the governor arm to the throttle control assy on the side of the engine.

The engine is stalling/struggling? What doesn't look right about the linkage?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread