Toro 7-25 Rear engine rider

Old 04-19-09, 04:52 PM
Toro 7-25 Rear engine rider

Guys,I found this mower in a junk pile still in fairly good shape, I brought it home cleaned it up,changed oil,changed spark plug,drained fuel,charged battery,took a little playing with carb but it fired,ran for a minute,then started to surge and died,after waiting a bit,did the same thing,I took carb off to take apart and clean,check float,etc.... , now stupid me did not remember how the linkage goes back on and I cant find a diagram that shows how it goes back on,it is a 1986 Toro 7-25 rear engine rider,has a 7 hp Tecumseh motor,Engine Mod# V70-125259E, Toro Mod# 56125,Ser# 6004713,If any of you can help me with getting the linkage on,i would greatly appreciate it,Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-09, 05:47 PM
You can download a full service manual that covers this engine here; http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

It should have the proper linkage hook-up.

Good Luck

Old 04-24-09, 10:17 AM
Thank you

Thank you for the reply,it helped me out greatly,it is running good now

Old 09-12-11, 11:35 PM
I have a 8- 25 which is the same machine with a different decal.

I hope you are still checking your mail , I need a favor. I need a photo of the linkage on the carborator. I had thought I took a photo , the bottem line is I can not find the info I need to put the linkage on correctly.
I contacted Toro, they did not know what I was talking about, and suggested I take it to a dealer.
I'll just go buy a trailer hitch, trailer and licence it so I can have the choke linkage corrected. But that doesn't work for me so I am hoping you can help.
Thank you in advance.

Old 09-13-11, 08:46 PM
As of 9-12-2011 this link is dead