Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Change Tires on Push Lawn mower

AL

04-23-09, 08:02 PM   #1  
Change Tires on Push Lawn mower

I have a 12 year old Lawn-boy push mower medalion series, 6hp briges&straton engine.

The thing I can not figure out is how to replace the tires. The blade is simple (that just needs the right socket). But the tires seem a bit more complex. I've looked at the manual before (that's how I learned to keep the power wheels greesed, change the oil, etc). But I guess becuase this isn't a regular maint issue, it doesn't seem to be covered.

Sponsored Links

Non-US

04-23-09, 08:25 PM   #2  
The tires shouldn't be too hard,, just a bolt with a nut on the inside, unless it's a self propelled unit... Post the model & seriel # of the unit & I'm sure someone will help you out,,, Roger

AL

04-25-09, 08:14 PM   #3  
Got the owner's manual with me now.

It's a Lawn-Boy Medallion Series Walk-behind Power Mower Model No. 10533 - 6900001 & Up.

(Hey, here's the reciept for it, paid $498 at Home Depot in 1997 for).

It IS a self-propelled model, front wheels are free-wheeling while the rear wheels are the self-propelled. The manual has more informaton regarding California Emissions than it does the tires... Actually, except for acknowledging the levers used to raise and lower the tires to set the cutting height, the manual doesn't even indicate the thing has tires.

NH

04-26-09, 06:11 AM   #4  
You can see a parts list at Toro.com. click on "homeowers parts", then type in modle number.

Search this Thread