Ryobi Model RGBV3100 fuel line routing problem

Old 04-27-09, 07:52 PM
Ryobi Model RGBV3100 fuel line routing problem

I was given a Ryobi Model RGBV3100 leaf blower/vacuum that had fuel line problems. The lines were mostly gone, those that remained were brittle and leaking. As is evidently a problem with these units, there was a lot of oily residue around the carb area so there had been a leakage problem. What I need is a diagram or schematic that shows the correct fuel line routing from the tank to the primer button to the carburetor. I also would need advice on how to adjust the carb as what is happening now is that the engine runs with the choke completely on, but if I open the choke it stalls out as if it is starving for fuel. I have put a new filter on the fuel line in the tank, it is getting fuel to the primer button and to the carb so unless it is an internal carb problem, I am at a loss. Can anyone provide me with the schematic or diagram of the fuel line routing? Thanks.

Little Wolf

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-09, 11:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't have a diagram, but put the line with the filter on the end to the inlet of the carb, then the suction side of the primer to the outlet of the carb, and the pressure side of the primer to the return line in the tank. Once done, the primer should continuously pump fuel through the system and back into the tank when you press it. If it does not run like this, the carb probably needs to be taken apart and cleaned and possibly reassembled with new gaskets and diaphragm.