Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troybilt Pony....can't find new motor

04-28-09, 05:49 PM   #1  
Troybilt Pony....can't find new motor

I Love My Troybilt.....but it is the older Pony....5 HP Briggs and Straton...hard to find replacement. I have checked online stores and locally. I have seen motor replacements but when you call them they don't have replacement for Troybilts before 1990 models.
My Troybilt Pony motor now is a Briggs and Stration, 5HP,
206cc, Model 130292, Type 1900-01, Code 84020907 and I believe the first two numbers means it is a 1984.
My Troybilt has seen alot of use....but honestly I believe it is better made than the new ones....worth another motor even after 25 years. I have only put on new tines....that is it....I live in the Missouri rock country....tines wearout fast.
Has anyone bought a new motor for the older Troybilt Pony?
Please tell me where I can buy one...or at least what Model I should be looking for a replacement.....prefer Briggs but Tecumseh is fine too.

Thanks....stan1946

Sponsored Links

MO

04-28-09, 06:57 PM   #2  
You mean there is some part of Missouri that isn't rocks.(lol) If you are somewhere close to St. Louis I have a B&S 5hp 130202-3037-01 code- 87011307 on a Wizard(Western Auto) tiller that should replace the one one the Troybilt, however this tiller is a long way from being worn out. Send me a PM and you can have another tiller very reasonable. Have a good one. Geo

04-28-09, 07:06 PM   #3  
That series of engine is no longer being made thanks to the honorable Mr. Nader and the equally honorable EPA. With the length and diameter of the crankshaft, you should be able to find a suitable replacement here. Look in the 800 series section.
What is the direct replacement for my engine?

PA

04-29-09, 10:38 AM   #4  
Small Engine Warehouse lists 2 Briggs motors available for repowering your tiller, and both are fairly reasonable on cost.
Troy-Bilt Pony Outdoor Power Equipment Repower from Small Engine Warehouse Tiller

05-01-09, 06:16 PM   #5  
Thanks guys for all your help. I have decided to go with the BS from SmallEngineWarehouse like bontai Joe said....great site and the people seemed as if they cared. They also had the knowledge it seemed to help me.....I had lots of questions. Time will tell....I will let you know if it fits easily as they said.

Thanks again....stan1946

Search this Thread