Can't remove pump - Excell pressure washer

Old 04-29-09, 11:37 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can't remove pump - Excell pressure washer

I have an EXHA2425 washer and the pump has failed. Prior to ordering an upgrade replacement, I want to remove the old pump and inspect the motor shaft. Per the instructions, I have removed the fittings, the unloader valve and have disconnected the pulse hose. The four mounting bolts have been removed. The pump seems to be stuck on the shaft. I can rotate the pump on the shaft a few degrees right & left, but I can't pull it off. Is it likely that I have corrosion to the extent that the pump won't slide off of what I assume is a drive gear?

Old 04-30-09, 12:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Once the pump mounting bolts going to the engine are removed, the pump should pull off the crankshaft. If not, corrosion is the likely cause. I have had one or two very stubborn ones...and one I had to cut off (oxy-acetylene torch...cut the pump coupling away from the crankshaft).

Old 05-01-09, 03:23 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your help cheese. Unfortunately, I don't have a gas-fired wrench. I could try a recip with a metal blade. If I didn't live in the sticks without a repair shop around, I would take it in and let someone else have the honor of removing the pump.

Old 05-01-09, 08:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
An impact hammer usually drives stuck stuff off shafts, I'd try that before cutting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: