Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How to clean main fuel tube on b&S carb

NJ

04-29-09, 11:42 AM   #1  
How to clean main fuel tube on b&S carb

I have a 5 hp B&S engine. It is a model 130202 type 2915-01. I think the carb is from a 130292 as it has a choke on it as opposed to the welch plug. The carb etc was all gummed up. I removed the carb and sprayed it with carb cleaner then lightly cleaned the screens on the fuel tubes. For some reason this one has two -- a long and a short. I blew air through all the passages I could see. I replaced the diaphragm in the fuel pump and replaced the carb to tank gasket. I cannot get it to start without priming it with starter fluid. I think the main fuel tube is clogged however I dont know how to remove it to clean it. It is plastic of some kind. The screen at the end of it looks fine. Also is there a jet somewhere I am missing.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-30-09, 12:43 AM   #2  
I recommend soaking the carb in a bath type carb cleaner. Those carbs can be difficult to clean when they get bad.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MA

04-30-09, 05:32 AM   #3  
After cleaning these carbs, it is difficult to get them to prime, manual recommends FILLING gas tank. Try this but you may have to replace pick up tubes, short one is easy long one a little more of a PIA. As Cheese said soaking is best way to clean

Search this Thread