Yardman Lawn tractor-22hp- NO Brakes

Old 05-11-09, 03:23 PM
Yardman Lawn tractor-22hp- NO Brakes

I removed and replaced all the belts on the drive system of the 46 in lawn tractor and after doing so I have no brakes when activating the foot brake. I found a small disc with calipers that clamp when the brake is applied but the disc will hold but is turning inside the transmission. Has something broke inside the transmission or am I missing something that I should have cought when replacing the belts. I got underneith the tractor and held the brake disc with my hand and turn the wheels and I could feel it trying to turn the disc but I could hold it with the wheels turning? So what do you think I have a major problem or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks roadking04

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-09, 05:36 PM
There is nothing broke inside the transaxle, You must spin both tires in the same direction at the same time while in neutral for the disc to spin.

This pic was made for another post but make sure both pins move freely in the yoke. You can adjust braking pressure on the pads by tightening the nut holding the actuator lever on the yoke.

Good Luck