Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda HR194 lawnmover will not start

05-11-09, 08:14 PM   #1  
Honda HR194 lawnmover will not start

I am able to start and sustain operation of the lawn mower by priming and spraying carburetor cleaner fluid through the air filter chamber. This is done removing the air cleaner cover and by intermittently spraying the fluid into the funnel passageway to keep the mower running. Other than this, the mower will not start using the regular method.

Background:
-The fuel cutoff valve is on the “on” position based on the Honda manual.
-The choke lever and associated lever above the carburetor is in the correct position.
-There is fuel inside the carburetor bowl. Opening one of the 2 screw bolts will cause fuel to leak.
-The fuel is about 3 months old (used fuel stabilizer on fuel before storage).
-2 years ago I emptied the fuel tank, poured a teaspoon of oil inside the spark plug opening, and emptied the remaining fuel inside the carburetor bowl before storage.

Could someone please let me know what else to check? I suspect the carburetor is not functioning properly, but I do not know how else to proceed.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-11-09, 09:44 PM   #2  
Sounds like you'll need to remove the carburetor, take the bowl off, and clean the insides of the carb, spraying cleaner through all orifices and jets.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread