Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Parts for carburator

NH

05-13-09, 07:13 AM   #1  
Parts for carburator

Hi,
Briggs Stratton model 190402 type 1809 01 and code is79020812. It is an 8hp engine for a chipper. I am looking for what I believe is the float seat. It is a brass bushing type not a screw in type like those made later. I have looked thru the online parts diagrams but I don't see where I can get just the brass bushing seat itself. I have been told however that it is possible to get them.

Anybody familiar with this carburator and know where I can get the bushing? Briggs and Stratton pointed me to the 394681 Needle/Seat Kit but I don't think that has the bushing type seat.

Thanks for any insight

JL

Sponsored Links

05-13-09, 07:27 AM   #2  
That should be the correct kit. The seat p/n is in the carburetor section of the overhaul manual.

Non-US

05-13-09, 07:28 AM   #3  
The dealer should open the box to show you if it's the right one, wouldn't they?? .. I know the carb you have but I don't know the contents of the kit by part #.. Sorry ...Roger

NH

05-13-09, 08:07 AM   #4  
I was given the same kit # by another online dealer but he told me that the seat was a special order item. He would have to special order it and I would need that and the 394681 kit. This is my source of confusion. He seemed to indicate that the seat was a separate part. Unfortunately, that communication was last fall and I don't remember who I dealt with.

Briggs and Stratton also alluded to the seat as being maybe irreplaceable ... here is their response to my inquiry:

"Thank you for your inquiry. 394681 is the Needle/Seat Kit, however the illustration in the engine's parts lists is a bit misleading, as it does not show an actual seat. If the needle tip is rubber, then the seat is metal and may not be replaceable"

The seat is definitely metal and was "punched/pulled" out and destroyed by a previous owner. We live in the country and the nearest dealer is a ways away.

NY

05-13-09, 10:12 AM   #5  
I don't know who you spoke with but if it was indeed the Briggs factory and they could not offer you more then shame on them. The Briggs part number you need is 364682 for gravity feed systems or 394683 for pump fed systems. Each includes the inlet needle, the clip for the needle and the press-in brass seat. I've looked online for a downloadable Briggs 270962, service manual for instructions on replacing the seat but I came up empty. Perhaps someone else here can find one. Or, you may want to pick one up at your local Briggs service shop.

MO

05-13-09, 04:32 PM   #6  
Here is the info from the manual. Have a good one. Geo

NH

05-13-09, 07:53 PM   #7  
Wow .. thanks guys for the help! Puey61, that does look like the right seat. I am going to order one up and see. And thanks Geogrubb for sharing the info from your manual. I really appreciate it!

Thanks again!

JL

Search this Thread