Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rear wheel question.

05-19-09, 06:57 AM   #1  
Rear wheel question.

Hello:
I am new to the forum and need some help. I recently purchased a Husqvarna model 2754GLS lawn tractor. This tractor has a heavy duty transaxle (Hydro-gear I think) I have ag tires, but need extra weight in the back. I would like to know if adding fluid to the tires would be too much for the transaxle. I have checked with Husqvarna and they sell rear weights to be mounted to the tractor but they are expensive.

Which way if either should I go.

Thanks to all in advance.

John

Sponsored Links

PA

05-19-09, 09:41 AM   #2  
In my opinion, adding fluid to the tires is about the best way to add weight to a garden tractor. It's not mechanically locked to the wheel, so it has little effect on the load the hydro sees when accellerating or slowing. It's not hanging on the frame, so the axle bearings don't see the load either. Only minuses I can think of is rust on the wheels depending on what fluid you use, and the mess if you have a leak in your tire.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-19-09, 06:03 PM   #3  
I agree... it's a great way to add weight. I prefer to use a tube so that you don't have water in contact with the rim.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread