Mulching Kit for Snapper Zero Turn Mower

Old 05-21-09, 09:33 AM
Mulching Kit for Snapper Zero Turn Mower

I have a Snapper Zero Turn with a 42" deck. I have a very well established 3/4+ acre lawn. I love the mower except for the fact that I frequently have to go back and re-cut the clippings. Even if I cut twice per week I still end up with clumps of clippings unless I go back over it. And I'm using a blade height that nearly on the highest setting.

They do make a kit that will allow me to convert the deck to a mulching set up. Before I spend the $$ and put the effort into it, I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this and if they think it's a worthwhile move. I'm wonding how effective it is and whether or not there are problems with the deck becoming totally congested with clippings - especially if it's a little damp out.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-09, 07:43 PM
Rudy,

I don't know what they get for this mulching kit and you didn't mention what style blade your running, But another option may be checking into a Gator style mulching blade; The Gator Mulcher blade

My commercial guys use this style blade and I've heard no complaints about clumping grass, They also adjust the front of the deck 1/4" lower than the rear which in some cases helps even with standard blades.

Good Luck