Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Homelite UT 08111 Blower Choke lever

CT

05-21-09, 10:23 AM   #1  
Homelite UT 08111 Blower Choke lever

Anybody ever replace the plastic choke level on the above consumer model Homelite blower? It's a Walbro carb, and the part is available. Lent the thing to my brother, and of course it comes back with the choke lever broken off.

It starts, it runs, but I think the choke is not fully opened. It's been a while since I've had a Walbro apart. Is it a quick fix, or a job where the whole carb needs to be broken down?

Turk

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-22-09, 12:31 AM   #2  
I'm not looking at the diagram, but this would be a black lever on the end of a brass shaft, correct? If so, it should just pull off, and a new one just pushes on.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CT

05-22-09, 10:03 AM   #3  
No, it's actually a red plastic "T" knob, on a molded plastic shaft. The knob/shaft portion is broken or sheared off where the shaft enters the carb body. There's not even a stub left to turn the shaft by hand, or put a needlenose on.

My guess is the butterfly is in a partial position, given the engine/throttle response.

I don't know if the actually butterfly valve is metal or plastic, as I haven't removed anything to peek in.

I hate plastic parts.

Turk

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-22-09, 06:38 PM   #4  
Me too...sentiments about plastic.

You don't have to take the carb all apart to do this one. Gain access to the carb throat, pull the butterfly valve out (should be "snapped" into the shaft), and then you can pull the shaft out. Reinstall in the reverse manner. Pretty easy to do actually.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread