Craftsman Weedwacker c216.51315 fuel lines

Old 05-25-09, 08:37 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman Weedwacker c216.51315 fuel lines

Fuel lines disintegrated due to age. Tried to repair but am not sure what goes where i.e. which hose goes from the primer pump to the carb and the tank. Looks like I've got 6 spots for hooking up the lines. Anyone have a schematic or picture of how the hoses are connected.

Thanks

Old 05-25-09, 12:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
If it has 2 different size holes in the tank, the thin line is the fuel supply. This should go down in the tank with a filter on the end and be long enough that the filter can reach the gas no matter which way the engine is turned. This line goes to the inlet side of the carb. There is a port on the primer that will suck air in when you release the primer. Connect this to the other port on the carb. Then the larger of the 2 lines is the return. This goes to the side of the primer that blows air out when you press it, and to the larger hole in the tank. I only has to go into the tank an inch or so. This should have you set, although you may also need to clean the carb if it has been in this state of disrepair for a while.

If it does not prime properly like this, you may have the lines on the carb connected backwards, so reverse them and try again. Leave enough extra line at first until you are certain which line goes to which port on the carb....then trim to fit more closely.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: