Homelite chain saw won't start, no spark

Old 05-27-09, 05:08 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Homelite chain saw won't start, no spark

I have a 10 inch homelite chainsaw, UT 105144. It won't start, and there seems to be no spark. Is the flywheel removable?

Old 05-27-09, 05:37 PM
Yes, the flywheel is removable,,, But do you have to??? Isn't the coil on the outside of the flywheel???? Have you tried it with the kill wire disconnected from the coil?? Wiggle the stop switch around to make sure it not stuck in the Off position... Use a new sparkplug & make sure you have the plug grounded to metal.... I use a jumper to ground the plug to a cooling fin on the head next to the plug hole & that way I'm sure a good ground & not trying to use part of the plastic body,,,, Good Luck...Roger

Old 05-28-09, 12:16 PM
T
Homelite chainsaw won't start

I took it apart, removed the coil, inspected all I could see, saw nothing wrong, put it back together, and it started and ran. The kill wire came off when it started, so had to pull the plug wire to kill it. Fixed the kill wire and it again started and dies when switch is turned off.

Old 05-28-09, 02:17 PM
Now it starts & stops when the switch is off???? It ran O.K. with the kill wire disconnected??? Or it starts & runs than dies when you turn the switch off.... Sorry, the last post has me confused about you're problem,, (but I get confused easy,,LOL) Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: