Walbro carburetor

Old 06-02-09, 07:02 AM
Walbro carburetor

I've just gotten a Cub Cadet in with a B&S engine...Model-31Q777, Type-0305-E1. The Walbro carburetor really needs to be replaced. Everywhere I've tried to get one, they all say that the Walbro is unavailable. Does anyone know where I might find one. Will the Nikki carburetor be an exact replacement?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-09, 07:06 PM
Jack,

I gandered around on my dealer's site, I found the same as the others (no walbro part number). They showed a Nikki with two part numbers depending on the type number, But they didn't have your type number listed ?

I then pulled up and downloaded the IPL version, It showed the same thing two part numbers with your type number missing ?

I then went to the replacement engine look-up and entered your model/type number and another IPL was shown, I downloaded it and it only listed one Nikki carb part #792358 for all type numbers which was superseded to part # 794572.

With this IPL being displayed when your numbers were entered would lead me to believe the above part # carb should be a direct replacement.

But, That is only a guess, About the only way to know for sure is to contact Briggs;

Contact Us - Briggs & Stratton

Good Luck

Old 06-03-09, 10:32 AM
I appreciate the information, 31YTech. I have sent Briggs an E-mail explaining my situation. They have already sent a reply confirming my question. I should receive an answer within 3 working days. Thanks again!

Old 06-03-09, 08:31 PM
No problem Jack,

Please post what you find out....

Cya

Old 06-05-09, 02:06 PM
According to the Briggs factory a Nikki carburetor, P/N-794572, is an exact replacement for the Walbro carburetor. List price is approximately $67.00.

Search this Thread