Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Electric Clutch removal

OH

06-02-09, 06:17 PM   #1  
Electric Clutch removal

I wrote in about a year ago about removing an electric clutch mounted to the engine on a 1989 Toro HMR 1600 rotary mower. I can change the destroyed belt without removing the clutch, but it would be a LOT easier if I could drop the clutch out of the way. You are not supposed to use a puller on it, but this definitely needs some outside force to remove it. Was there a special tool for this job?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-03-09, 01:12 AM   #2  
It's supposed to just slide off when you remove the center bolt. If it doesn't, you'll have to work with it to persuade it however necessary. I don't recommend using a puller though. Try prying it down from both sides at the same time with a couple boards.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OH

06-03-09, 04:59 AM   #3  
Electric Clutch removal

Everything is so flimsy outside the actual sleeve that is stuck on the crankshaft, it just bends when I apply pressure on it with anything. Im soaking it with penetrating oil from the top side but I have to be careful with that too. I will let you know what finally works.

Thanks for the reply!

Search this Thread