How to install Oil Separator in Kohler 27 HP

Old 06-03-09, 12:36 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down How to install Oil Separator in Kohler 27 HP

hi all... new member here... first post.

I just installed a NEW Kohler 27HP motor in a used Craftsman GT3000 garden tractor. In the process of hooking everything up I pulled the (plastic tube) oil separator out of the #1 head cover so I could get at the throttle/choke connections. Now trying to reinstall it I have problems.

The bottom of the separator (tube/can) has a rubber tube-like protrusion that goes into a hole in the top of the cover. Thing is I cannot twist/turn/push it back in! It simply compresses and squishes out on me. I'm afraid to pry it in with a screwdriver for fear of puncturing the rubber.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to reinstall this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

k1hop in CT

dcole4757 voted this post useful.
Old 06-03-09, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
k1hop,

Remove the rubber bushing from the breather separator, Insert it into the hole in the valve cover. Put a light film of oil on the breather separator with your finger then push it into the bushing.

Good Luck

Old 06-04-09, 08:33 AM
K
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Smile

Wow!!! So simple once ya know there's a removable bushing in it! THANKS SO MUCH for your help! I'm sure I would either still be struggling or have destroyed it trying by now without your assistance!

Originally Posted by 31YTech
k1hop,

Remove the rubber bushing from the breather separator, Insert it into the hole in the valve cover. Put a light film of oil on the breather separator with your finger then push it into the bushing.

Good Luck

dcole4757 voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: