Cub cadet blades wont engage

Old 06-04-09, 05:28 PM
Cub cadet blades wont engage

My blades all of sudden wont engage when i pull the knob on my cub cadet HDS 2185.. anyone know whats up?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-09, 07:58 PM
Have you looked @ it you're self yet??? Is the belt on it?? Have you hit anything with the blades?? (REMOVE the spark plugs before doing anything else, Please) Do all the spindles turn free & smooth???? (You'll have to release the blade brake for that one).. Are the blades straight & not hitting something under the deck?? Any funny noises before it quit??? Does it have an electric P.T.O?? Could be a fuse... If it has the cable, the cable may have broken,,, Just some things to check out, unfortunally you have to lie in the grass & feed the bugs to check most of them...LOL. Let us know what you see & we'll try to help some more.... Roger

Last edited by hopkinsr2; 06-04-09 at 08:06 PM. Reason: more questions
Old 06-05-09, 12:33 PM
I just had my 31 year old Deere do that. Seems 31 years of the power wire rubbing aganst the vibrationg motor wore it thru. Fixed the wire and I was good to go. Yours could be an unplugged wire, loose wire connection, blown fuse, short circuit, or a bad clutch. Gonna hafta check it out a little and see what you find.