Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere front mower f915/f935 problem

MO

06-04-09, 09:58 PM   #1  
John Deere front mower f915/f935 problem

As I finished mowing today I noticed the blade was disengaged and would not hold engaged by itself. If I held the handle it would mow, but as soon as I let go it would disengage. Would do I look for? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-04-09, 10:04 PM   #2  
Does this have a knob you pull to turn the blades on? If so, it is bad (pto switch). If this has a hydraulic valve you turn on via a lever, reply and let us know.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MO

06-05-09, 05:26 AM   #3  
It has a pto lever. It mowed fine till I was done. Lucky for that moment anyway.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-05-09, 11:25 PM   #4  
I believe there will be a spring that connects to the lever, and pulls down to another connection point. This spring probably came off. Have a look in that general area.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CANADA

06-06-10, 11:40 AM   #5  
I know this is an old post but maybe my answer will help someone else with the same problem.

I had the same problem with mine, it turned out to be the parking brake safety switch, when the parking brake is on the electro magnet that holds the pto on doesn't get power and the pto won't stay enabled.
If you have a voltmeter you can pull the connector off the electro magnet and test it for voltage. with the key turned on and the seat safety switch activated or bypassed you should see 12v to that connector, if you don't try playing with the parking and emergency brake to see if you see voltage.

I bought mine used and knew nothing about it, the instruction sticker on the floor is worn and you can't read it to well so i didn't know that the parking brake was on (the brakes are in need of adjustment so i didn't even notice). My pto worked fine the first couple times i used it and then did the same thing as yours. Troubleshooting the electrical system with a voltmeter is how i figured out that my parking brake had been on the whole time.

In case your not sure the parking brake is the little black knob on the steering post, it should be up an to the left sitting in the little notch.

Last edited by mnruf; 06-06-10 at 11:57 AM.

Search this Thread