Double stringing a Troybilt

Old 06-07-09, 04:18 PM
Double stringing a Troybilt

Hello,

I am having stringing a troybilt trimmer TB565CS. I would like to string the trimmer using the double exposed line technique, but I am having some issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joey

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-09, 08:18 PM
If your referring to filling the trimmer head with line, then it depends which trimmer head is on your trimmer. I was not able to locate an IPL on the model you posted. Many have a trimmer head that you line up the arrows on the spool with the eyelets in the head. Then you just feed line in through each eyelet and anchor it in the spool. Then you just rotate the spool by hand to wind the line into it. You would do both lines at the same time.

Old 06-07-09, 08:45 PM
Troybilt winding

No,

I watched on youtube and they explained it like you just did. The Shindaiwa and many other brands work like that. Mine is a little different. I tried winding the string a couple of different ways but it never works correct.

Thanks,

Joey

Old 06-07-09, 08:55 PM
There is another model number that should be on a sticker attached to the engine. If you could find that info and post, perhaps we could determine which head is on your trimmer and help you out better.