Carb Questions

Old 06-08-09, 05:12 PM
Carb Questions

I recently cleaned the carb on my gas blower (which did get it starting again!), but the engine dies at full throttle--and had been doing that for some time before the carb clean.

Also, the new spark plug is already covered in soot from running it just long enough to try and adjust the needles.

Any reasons for this? Thanks in advance. I appreciate the help a lot. Also--I don't know which needles do what (there are three; two are side by side)...so if that's the issue I'll need further help.

Joe

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-09, 08:34 PM
I can tell you that it is running rich. Most likely too much gas, but could be caused by the oil mixture. What oil mix are you using? Should be 50:1. That is all I can say until the model number is given.

Old 06-09-09, 06:35 AM
Thank you. I guess there are needle adjustments to get more air in there? The blower is a Robin FL500.

I finally just had the bright idea to go to the Robin website, and the online owner's manual says 25:1 fuel mixture. I think I need more oil. I'll try it.

Old 06-09-09, 07:12 AM
Oil mix of 25:1 is extremely rich. Mix it at 50:1. 25: will start hard, foul plugs, and smoke up the whole neighborhood.

Carb screws: 1 is high speed mixture, 1 is low speed mixture, 1 is idle speed. Both mixture screws start at 1-1/2 turns out from LIGHTLY seated, then adjust from there at 1/8 incriments.