Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro Personal Pace problem

06-15-09, 07:16 AM   #1  
Toro Personal Pace problem

I have a Toro Personal Pace mower (model #20332) that I purchased a couple months ago. I have never had any issues with it, only used it a handful of times, but when I went to start it yesterday it took me several tries to get it to start. Once it did start, as soon as I would apply any throttle, the engine would die. If I released the throttle lever quickly enough, it would recover and not die. The gas in it is good, to the best of my knowledge. It had only been about a week since I had last used it and it was running fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links

TX

06-16-09, 11:05 AM   #2  
Sounds carburetor related. It could also be the fuel if it's over a month old. This is typical when the engine is not getting enough fuel or the fuel is old and weak.

VA

07-12-10, 04:17 PM   #3  
what is it called?

Hi. I'm new to this, so please bear with me. I have a Toro personal pace recycler mower that I bought in 2002 from Home Depot. Assumed it was from 2002, but since the mower was rebuilt when I bought it, who knows... So I don't know the model number, and can't see it written anywhere on the mower. No, it didn't come with a manual, and yes, I usually do keep manuals, in alphabetical order, even.

AND, I don't know the name of the part that I need, so not sure how I can order it. I can describe it, though. It's a metal cable, coming up on the TOP of the left handle, that gets pulled back when the safety handle is compressed. The lower part in encased in plastic, or rubber, or something non-metallic. The individual threads of the metal part of the top of the cable are unravelling; assuming it won't last much longer without being replaced.

Could someone please tell me what the part is called, and if there are any other parts that I should order at the same time, to make sure that the whole thing is right. THEN, I'll worry about how to put it together. Thank you!

BTW, i've seen some other postings on here about personal paces. I love mine; this is the first problem i've ever had with it, and i've used it a lot over the last 8 years.

Non-US

07-12-10, 08:00 PM   #4  
Run down the cable with a flashlight & look for a part # stamped in the sheath of the cable... A lot of them are like that.. You may have to roll it around to see all the sides, But I'll bet it's there... Check it out... Roger

Search this Thread