Ex-Cell 2002gwt Power Washer Problem

Old 06-16-09, 07:44 PM
Ex-Cell 2002gwt Power Washer Problem

Hi,I'm new this Forum glad to see it as I'm a Do IT Yourshelfer.Yesterday I was given a Ex-Cell 2002gwt Power Washer has a Tecumseh 5hp Engine mod.OHH50 68043C which runs great.I hooked up my garden hose to the Pump which is a Giant HR20 started it up it has very low pressure.I tried to take the wand apart to see if it was clogged up,couldn't get apart affraid I'd break it with to much pressure.Took the wand of the trigger to see how much pressure it had without the wand,which was more pressure than with the wand.I then tried it without the hose which it shot a pretty good stream but I thouht it would have alot more pressure.So i'm wondering if the pump is bad,I don't know much about pressure pumps so that is why I'm here.From what I've read on this Forum could be several parts in the pump that needs to be rebulit.I'm open for suggestions from what I understand this model power washer is a low end washer pretty much for home use only.I'm limited on funds right now so I don't want sink alot of money in this project.So do you think it would be worth tearing the Pump down and cleaned it up to see if that would help.Would be nice to get it running so I could use it to distress wood for my Rustic & Primitive Furniture I build.Thank you for your time,hope I can help someone in the future on there Projects. Keith

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-09, 10:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You could take the pump apart and see what it looks like. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning. You never know.

Old 06-17-09, 11:32 PM
Most washers have intake filters that can get clogged.

Search this Thread