Craftsman Leaf blower 358.797320 - Won't Start.

Old 06-18-09, 05:28 PM
Craftsman Leaf blower 358.797320 - Won't Start.

I have this craftsman gas leaf blower that does not start up. I took it all apart and cleaned it. Even inside the engine. I sprayed engine cleaner in the air intake and it did start for a moment. The spark plug is brand new. Do you think i need a New Carberator? Its a Poulan part for 38.00 or a repair kit for 11.00?

Or could it be something else?

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-09, 06:18 PM
The problem is in the fuel delivery, carb or you may have a crank seal problem.

I think I would make sure you have fuel coming from the tank to the carb (line, filter, vented fuel cap). Then do a carb kit and go from there.

Old 06-18-09, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by marbobj View Post
The problem is in the fuel delivery, carb or you may have a crank seal problem.

I think I would make sure you have fuel coming from the tank to the carb (line, filter, vented fuel cap). Then do a carb kit and go from there.
The primer fills up with Gas, even after i emptied the primer bubble button. How do i know if the gas is getting into the engine from there? Is there a way to check? If i pour some gas in the open throttle end of the carb..it does start temporarily. So i should just get the carp kit for 11.00 instead of a whole new carb for 38?

Old 06-18-09, 10:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
For 27 bucks more, I think you;d be better off with the entire carb. You might be able to fix your carb with a kit, but there may be passages clogged up that you could have a hard time getting cleaned, or other problems, and wind up getting the new one anyway.