Need help changing belt troybilt self propelled push mower

Old 05-29-09, 12:29 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help changing belt troybilt self propelled push mower

Hi,

I am attempting to fix the belt which slipped off. I read the manual. It seems simple enough ..... belt should be around both engine pulley first and then transmission pulley. The problem is the belt doesn't seem to be long enough. It has to be the right belt because it is not a replacement. It just slipped off. The manual says to loosen screw holding tension spring which I did but that does not help any. What am I doing wrong? The belt will not stretch and is just not long enough! Any help would be appreciated. I need to mow my lawn today! Thanks.

Old 05-29-09, 03:06 PM
You have to roll the belt on, Remove the spark plug wire from the spark plug and tie the stop bail down, Wrap a rag around the blade. Put the belt around the engine pulley first then push back on the trans pulley enough to get the belt started on one side of the pulley, Grab the blade and rotate. The belt should roll the rest of the way on, Then re-tighten the tension spring screw.

Yeah, They can be a pain sometimes.....

Good Luck

Old 06-24-09, 05:54 PM
T
troy bilt 12av835q711

please i need diagram how the belt is going on the walk lawn mower model is the one on top ? i try changin and i thing i have the whaser and the puley is not the way is ?

Old 06-24-09, 08:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I'm not sure what you think is wrong, but you can view a diagram at MTD's website using your model number from the mower. It will show you what goes where.

Old 06-24-09, 09:05 PM
T
thank i did find what i need ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: