Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lmk carb passing fuel

06-25-09, 05:49 PM   #1  
Lmk carb passing fuel

Hey guys, new to forum, lmk carb, float not even with carb base when upside down, new float, new needle, tried to heat new float to sit even with carb base-------only answer is shut off valve? when i say float not even i mean it sets to high so carb leaks fuel when sitting between starts,no adjustment

Sponsored Links

IA

06-25-09, 07:00 PM   #2  
It must be the float or the float valve or the seat is out of place. Was this the same problem when you took out the old parts. How did they compare in size and shape to the new ones?

06-26-09, 09:30 AM   #3  
thanks for responding-replaced the needle and float and still sits to high so fuel wont shut off, same position as old float and needle, seat is clean, did not know if there is an updated part for this problem, seems to be common

IA

06-26-09, 09:44 AM   #4  
Parallel to the base of the carb is pretty standard on all carbs. It would be unusual for the manufacturer to crank a carb with something else out of the box.

To make sure I understand this, though - with the carb inverted the float hangs below a line parallel to the carb base or above it? Below it would be a flooding carb, above it would get you a fuel level too low = lean mixture.

IA

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

06-26-09, 12:45 PM   #6  
Can't picture this carb but maybe the vent is plugged which can keep the float from seating the needle valve on some carbs.

IA

06-26-09, 01:43 PM   #7  
I would take a look at the seat. See if maybe it has been removed and installed upside down.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

06-26-09, 02:54 PM   #8  
Posted By: REVOLUTION thanks for responding-replaced the needle and float and still sits to high so fuel wont shut off, same position as old float and needle, seat is clean, did not know if there is an updated part for this problem, seems to be common
marbobj made a good point about the seat, and I missed this in your post. You did not replace the seat? If you got a new needle you should have well gotten a new seat. Even if installed correctly it could be dried up and not sealing, or it could in deed be installed upside down.

06-27-09, 05:47 AM   #9  
yes trying to get float parallel with carb when inverted, when inverted float sits to low causing flood condition, all
pointing to seat replacement, thanks for the advice guys, will
replace seat next, i did not know you could buy the seat. i miss
the brass floats. carb kit did not have seat in it.

Last edited by REVOLUTION; 06-27-09 at 06:36 AM.

06-27-09, 05:51 AM   #10  
Posted By: marbobj See if this link is any help to you:

Disassembly of Walbro LMK Carburetor used on Kohler Command and Courage Single Cylinder Engines
read this link and they say seat removal is not recommended,
only way to fix the stupid thing though, sent me down the wrong path when i started this procedure
thank you for responding

TN

06-27-09, 06:45 AM   #11  
Clean/polish the needle seat area and the needle using a Q-tip saturated with metal polish. Don't focuse on float position too much.

07-08-09, 07:08 AM   #12  
thank you airman, polished seat, will let you know how i make
out, sorry for the late response

Search this Thread