Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Montgomery wards tractor belt

SC

06-26-09, 06:05 AM   #1  
Montgomery wards tractor belt

Now that you guys got my SEARS GT 16 running I can start on my Wards rider that I use for mowing grass. It seems I either have the wrong belt or it has streched. Every time I put the mower in the off position the belt falls off the engine pully. With the engine not running and the deck down in its lowest position the belt fills to loose to run blade pullies strong. There is one retainer/guide at the engine pulley maybe there should be two. It just started doing this this year. Any Idea where I can get info on this deck to be sure I have the correct belt and its not streched over time. Montgomery Wards 11 hp Lot no. TMO Model no. 33917 A , Date D166H , Ser. no.# 31-027-3982 38 inch deck. Thanks guys John

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

KS

06-26-09, 07:28 AM   #2  
There should be two guides around the engine pulley. This mower was made by MTD and they are particular about OEM belts.
There are two manuals available, owners guide has good instructions for both your drive and deck belt.

You can find both here PDF Manual Web Archive

SC

06-26-09, 02:41 PM   #3  
Wards belt

Thanks again BFHFixit I am so glad I found this site it is really alot of help for doityourselfers I hope I can help someone my self some day. I will check out the web link. JohnBeer 4U2Beer 4U2

Last edited by JOHNNY BE GOOD; 06-26-09 at 03:09 PM.

Search this Thread