Homelite string trimmer

Old 06-04-10, 07:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Homelite string trimmer

Hi Everyone..
I've been banging my head for a week on a cheep little trimmer.. It's a Homelite Mighty Lite 26cs, Mod UT21506, Ser ATL0530937.. about 2 years old.. It takes many pulls to start it.. I replaced the carb as the diaghragms were stiff as a board & apperently there is no kit available for the (made by RUI#ING) carb.. (only $22 bucks.. Maybe I got what its worth???) The spark jumps 5/16" & plug is new.. It's choked by rotating the air filter housing & seems O.K.
I've checked the bolts around the engine & even tweeked the mixture screws a bit.. It runs & idles great when it starts, but it takes what feels like 100 pulls to start.. only cold, Starts great when warm.. Anyone think of anything I'm missing, or does it still sound like the $22 carb!!!
Thanks Lots!!
Roger.

Old 06-04-10, 08:22 AM
G
I had an old trimmer a couple weeks ago that had me befuddled that acted like this.
What got it going good was, I cleaned the pulse passage real good out of the crankcase, didn't look dirty, but messing with it solved the problem.
make sure the gasket not covering the pulse passage, etc.
hth

Old 06-04-10, 08:47 AM
Thanks Glen, I never thought of that... I'll pull it apart & have a look after lunch..
Roger

Old 06-05-10, 10:44 AM
Thanks, Glen,, I checked the passage & all seems clear, but I still have to pull it lots to get it to start... I'm gonna visit there air cleaner rotating choke to see if I can see anything.. To me all looks good, but I didn't look too close @ it... I'll keep ya posted.... Roger

Old 06-05-10, 12:58 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
While it is running try spraying some car/brake parts cleaner behind the carb and along all the mating surfaces on the crankcase if the engine tempo changes you have found an air leak and can take the appropriate action. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: