Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

trimmer wont run

OH

06-26-09, 06:25 PM   #1  
trimmer wont run

i have a troybuilt 4 cycle trimmer, it idles fine but wont run when throtled up. cleaned plug and gaped 025, fresh gas cleaned filter.. any help

Sponsored Links

MO

06-26-09, 07:07 PM   #2  
If it has any adjustment screws on the carb open(counterclockwise) 1/8-1/4 turn to see if it makes a difference, then report back and someone will go from there. Have a good one. Geo

OH

06-26-09, 07:21 PM   #3  
Posted By: geogrubb If it has any adjustment screws on the carb open(counterclockwise) 1/8-1/4 turn to see if it makes a difference, then report back and someone will go from there. Have a good one. Geo
I dont see any except for the idle screw.. I figure the carbs dirty, dont want to have to buy a new carb.

MO

06-26-09, 08:02 PM   #4  
First post the engine model numbers for reference.
Things become somewhat limited there is nothing to adjust in the carb area, it could be valve adjustment on a 4-cycle or a partially sheared flywheel key, you can get a diaphram kit for the carb much cheaper than a new carb.Although this is a 4-cycle, fuel lines are normally the culprit on 2-cycle the first time they have problems. Post the engine stuff and someone will get it taken care of. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread