trimmer wont run

Old 06-26-09, 06:25 PM
cf1
trimmer wont run

i have a troybuilt 4 cycle trimmer, it idles fine but wont run when throtled up. cleaned plug and gaped 025, fresh gas cleaned filter.. any help

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-09, 07:07 PM
If it has any adjustment screws on the carb open(counterclockwise) 1/8-1/4 turn to see if it makes a difference, then report back and someone will go from there. Have a good one. Geo

Old 06-26-09, 07:21 PM
cf1
Originally Posted by geogrubb View Post
If it has any adjustment screws on the carb open(counterclockwise) 1/8-1/4 turn to see if it makes a difference, then report back and someone will go from there. Have a good one. Geo
I dont see any except for the idle screw.. I figure the carbs dirty, dont want to have to buy a new carb.

Old 06-26-09, 08:02 PM
First post the engine model numbers for reference.
Things become somewhat limited there is nothing to adjust in the carb area, it could be valve adjustment on a 4-cycle or a partially sheared flywheel key, you can get a diaphram kit for the carb much cheaper than a new carb.Although this is a 4-cycle, fuel lines are normally the culprit on 2-cycle the first time they have problems. Post the engine stuff and someone will get it taken care of. Have a good one. Geo