Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi BC30 Starter string fell through and I need to recoil/rewind string.

06-27-09, 07:33 PM   #1  
Ryobi BC30 Starter string fell through and I need to recoil/rewind string. Drum!

Hello everyone,

I need some help getting inside this thing. I have a torx 20 screwdriver that I just picked up at a local auto shop. I have taken out the spark plug and placed a piece of rope inside to stop the piston from moving. Now when I insert the torx 20 into that center screw on the drum attachment and try to turn it it will not turn. Can anyone help. Thank you.

Its a ryobi bc30

Last edited by ryobi345; 06-27-09 at 08:03 PM.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-27-09, 09:10 PM   #2  
Try turning it the opposite direction. Some of these had left hand threads on that screw if I remember right.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-28-09, 02:36 PM   #3  
Need to unscrew the screw inside of bell to rewind the string.

Thanks but that just tightened up the inner spring and is pulling the rope in and may break the spring or rope handle. Can anyone else give me some advice on how to open the screw inside the bell.

MO

06-28-09, 07:22 PM   #4  
Maybe I am misreading this, however, if the engine is turning then you do not have enough rope in the cylinder, if it isn't then the trimmer must have a clutch and you must hold the clutch bell while removing the torx screw. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread