Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

murray 6.5 power washer

06-28-09, 07:17 PM   #1  
murray 6.5 power washer

hello i just got this gas pressure washer from my father the problem is i can get it started with the choke on when i take it of the choke after it been running for like 1 min it will shut off but if i take the cover off it to expose the top of the carb. where the spring that hooks on the the throdel lever is and i make the spring pull tighter and start it with the choke on then quickly take it off the choke it runs fine does that mean i need a new spring? thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-09, 11:01 PM   #2  
No, it means the carburetor is in need of cleaning. Take the bowl off and clean the bowl nut and the inside of the carb.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-29-09, 06:57 PM   #3  
ok thanks ill try that do i need to remove the carb

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-29-09, 08:44 PM   #4  
Not usually. You can remove the bowl and clean it and the bowl screw without removing the carb. Usually this is good enough, but if it still doesn't work right, you may need to pull the carb off and clean it better, running a wire through all passages to clear them from obstructions.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-30-09, 12:43 AM   #5  
ok thanks for your tips ill try that do i need to remove the carb

Search this Thread