help with rebuilding carburetor

Old 06-30-09, 09:28 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
help with rebuilding carburetor

I just bought a used Craftsman 15hp mower with a Kohler Command engine and I believe that I am going to have to rebuild the carburetor on it. The mower will start right up but while mowing or just idling, the throttle will go up and down constantly. Does anyone have any idea where I can get some diagram pictures of how to do this or does anyone have any help that they can offer on the best way to do this?

Old 06-30-09, 02:17 PM
Old 06-30-09, 02:45 PM
S
Thanks for your help...What I need (and that site doesn't give it) is a diagram on how to disassemble and reassemble the carburetor for it. Anyone know where I can find that at?

Old 06-30-09, 03:16 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sometimes to save yourself time and frustration, you can run your symptom past a lawnmower or yard equipment store that has a service and parts dept., and they could tell you in hopes of selling you a part(s).

With some B & S engines, all that it takes to cause your same symptom is for a diaphram under the carb to get old and stretched. A $5 diaphram and gasket kit fixes it right up. Your Kohler?; I'm not sure. But wouldn't that be something if it were that easy as with the B & S, with no actual internal dismantling/reassembly?

Old 06-30-09, 03:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by saferacer
Thanks for your help...What I need (and that site doesn't give it) is a diagram on how to disassemble and reassemble the carburetor for it. Anyone know where I can find that at?
The site should have an Illustrated Parts List which is likely the best you can hope for. It may not include instructions but it should show in which order the individual parts are attached and
approximate location of each. The rest may require some mechanical common sense and organizing, take some notes or photos etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: