troybilt pressure washer

Old 06-30-09, 09:25 PM
troybilt pressure washer

I have a troy bilt pressure washer that I purchased June 11. My problem is it will not start back up if I stop it for any reason. when it is hot it has to cool off for about 30 min. then it starts fine. The engine is a briggs 126T02 0295-B1. Sense it is under warrenty I called the briggs people and they said they would send me a new main jet and that would fix it. It didn't fix it. now they want me to send the washer back to them so they can figure out whats wrong. They said they would send me a check for my money back and I should send them the pressure washer. But they won't send me the money till I send the washer. Then I would be out the washer and no money if they don't send the check. sorry this is so long. anyway I went to the briggs site to down load a copy of this engine and they say there is no match for the numbers. I double checked and I have the numbers right. Has any one heard of this engine and this problem? I think I could redo the carb. myself. Thanks for your help, and I am sorry for being so long winded.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-09, 10:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try re-gapping the spark plug to .020" and see if it helps.

Old 07-01-09, 07:45 AM
thanks cheese will try that.

Old 07-01-09, 08:34 AM
Take it back to where you bought it, if you start messing with it someone will use that as an excuse to void the warranty. It's less than a month old, even a Yugo would run longer than that. Have a good one. Geo