640065A Tecumseh Carburetor problem

Old 07-01-09, 05:02 PM
640065A Tecumseh Carburetor problem

The carb is on a 16hp motor thats in a Murray riding lawn tractor. For some reason it is not supplying fuel to the motor properly. I have taken the car apart and it doesnt seem to have jets..? looks like its controlled by vacuum. Anyone know what the problem may be or know how to go about fixing this?

it is this carb from what i can see
640065A Tecumseh Carburetor

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-09, 06:08 PM
It'll have jets inside,, Only there a fixed type that can't be adjusted... Take it apart & clean it in a bath type cleaner & blow everything out with carb cleaner & compressed air & you should be fine... Get a kit for it as it may have some of the jets supplied,,, Roger

Old 07-02-09, 05:10 AM
I doubt cleaning will correct the problem. Get a new bowl kit Part Number 730639 about $22.00. You are wasting your time attempting to clean these plastic bowls. They are designed to be replaced not cleaned. Be sure to use the new clip provided with the kit.

Old 07-02-09, 06:17 PM
Thanks Airman,,,, I've never run into this type of carb yet,, So I'll remember that... Thanks,, Roger

Old 07-03-09, 02:51 AM
So is everything controlled thru the bowl? As in all the components. Its looked like nothing was really in the carb itself.