Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weedeater Featherlite SST25

07-05-09, 05:42 AM   #1  
Weedeater Featherlite SST25

Howdy......I've got a Weedeater Featherlite SST25....she stopped running......I cleaned the carb and filter screen and fule lines.........she will start and run now, but when I depress the Throttle Trigger....she stalls....what have I done wrong............any ideas????????????

BudMan

Sponsored Links

Non-US

07-05-09, 06:30 AM   #2  
A lot of these little carbs are kinda pickey... Did you put a kit in it with the gaskets & diaghragms?? If not,,,I think you should as they get stiff over time & not pump fuel (especially with todays fuels). Make sure the engine is well sealed & the cylinder is tight to the crankcase & all the other parts are tight... Make sure there are no holes or soft spots in the fuel lines.. If you take the carb off & find out what kind it is, the carb manufacturers have excellent manuals on there websites... Roger

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-05-09, 08:57 PM   #3  
Open the mixture screw(s) a bit if it has one or some have two.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

07-11-09, 05:34 AM   #4  
Weed Eater Won't Stay On

Each time I start my Weed Eater is starts, runs for a 30 seconds with smoke coming out, and stops. Starts again does the same thing, and after about 3 times, it won't start again. Any ideas???

IA

07-11-09, 05:52 AM   #5  
When you hit the no start, hold the throttle wide open with the choke off and try to start it. It may take a number of pulls. If it starts before your arm tires out, it's likely flooding that's behind your problem.

A diaphragm kit may take care of it.

Search this Thread