Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi 700r leaking fuel from carb

IN

07-06-09, 06:50 AM   #1  
Ryobi 700r leaking fuel from carb

I have a weed eater that I can't get to start. The manual says to push the primer bulb 5-7 times but after I push it 2-3 times the fuel is running out of the carb. I took the spark plug out to see if it was wet. It was a little wet but not much. I have spark. What would cause the fuel to run out instead of going where it's suppose to? I don't know much about these things. I bought this at a garage sale. Was told it worked. I guess I should have checked it first instead of taking his word.
Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links

Non-US

07-06-09, 05:09 PM   #2  
You'll probably have to take the carb apart & replace the diaghragms & the needle & clean it...The diaghragms get stiff & one of them is probably holding the needle open... Good Luck...Roger

07-09-09, 11:49 PM   #3  
Have you tried manually priming it to see if it ill start? Use an unlit blowtorch, and wit till you starts to see the butane come out (note see), thn spray ti into the air intake for a second or two. If it starts its the carb if it doesn't it has a more major problem.

IN

07-20-09, 12:03 PM   #4  
I got a carb kit and rebuilt the carb. Now when I try to start it it will only run about two seconds and die. I took the carb off and messed with taking it apart a couple more times and still the same thing. I went to the website for the carb (USA Zama : Service Tips) and downloaded the Technical Guide and then took the carb apart again. This time when I was putting it back together it showed me how to set the metering lever correctly. That must have been the problem because now it starts and runs fine. Thanks all.

Dave

Search this Thread