Troy-Bilt 4 cycle gas trimmer

Old 07-09-09, 06:32 PM
Troy-Bilt 4 cycle gas trimmer

Troy-bilt TB525CS 2 days old. 4 cycle trimmer.

I follow the instructions exactly and worked perfectly day 1, used for about 1/2 hour.
Day 2 when I get the choke to 3 it sounds like it wants to stall, and slows down and speeds up making it very twisty in the hand.

Someone mentionned a gummy carb, but after only app. 1 hour of use? The carb should still be like new, no?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-09, 07:00 PM
I would say probably not to the dirty carb. Is the #3 setting off or on?

Definitely check the oil in the crankcase and make sure the trimmer head is free from any wrapped up weeds.

Go back over anything you have done to setup/use the trimmer. If nothing comes to mind take it back where you got it and have them check everything over. There could be a warranty issue or something you've missed. I wouldn't work on it myself, though.

Old 07-09-09, 07:07 PM
I eventually get to #3. 4-5 pulls in #1, 2 or 3 pulls to start in #2, let it run for 30 secs then go to #3.
I got it at Canadian Tire not sure I can bring it back there, I guess I have to call that 1-800 number and hope for the best.

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-09-09, 07:12 PM
For a new trimmer that's a lot of rope pulling. My first thoughts would be the choke isn't operating properly. That could be a linkage problem.

Old 07-09-09, 07:16 PM
I am just following the instructions on the side of the engine casing, although I agree, lots of pulling.
I hope that if the Customer service send me to an authorized dealer that I won't have to pay more to get it fixed.

Old 07-09-09, 07:23 PM
Don't mess with it, take it back, it's under warranty if you start messing with it you will void the warranty. Have a good one. Geo

Old 07-09-09, 07:27 PM
Thanks all for your assistance, much appreciated.