Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bolens Lawn Mower Question

07-13-09, 06:29 PM   #1  
Bolens Lawn Mower Question

I have a Bolens Lawn Tractor, and need a bit of guidance to get the mowing deck adjusted. Right now I have one side cutting lower than the other. Tractor was given to me and I do not have an owner's manual.

Can someone offer a little advice.

Thanks,
JB

Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

07-14-09, 04:03 AM   #2  
The moderators are probably going to move this post, so get ready. Can you give us the model number of your mower? Are there chains holding up the deck?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-14-09, 10:36 PM   #3  
Bolens made a ton of mowers, but I'll assume you have the one made by MTD instead of the old good bolens mowers unless you post otherwise.

Assuming your tires are pumped up to equal pressures, and you've checked to be sure a blade isn't bent or a shaft isn't bent (a lot of assumptions), there should be a hanger on one side of the deck that has a nut on it that allows you to raise or lower that side to match the other side. Usually this is never needed in the life of the mower, so I rather suspect you have another problem.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread