Craftsman Eager-1 Engine self-destructed

Old 07-14-09, 11:12 PM
Craftsman Eager-1 Engine self-destructed

Okay, here's the scoop. I let a neighbor kid use my Craftsman Eager-1, model 917.377543. It has (had) a Tecumseh 6.5HP, model number LEV120-361044B. The problem is that when he brought the mower back to me, the entire side of the block had blown out. Not even sure how he managed that one. It had oil in it when he started.
Anyway, my question is this: Is there a replacement engine that has the same specifications as the LEV120-361044B? I know that Tecumseh switched from the LEV120 designation in favor of the LV195's, but I don't know which one would work for my application. Considering Tecumseh went kaput, it doesn't even have to be a Tecumseh engine, if there is one from another mfg. that will work. Does anyone out there by chance know of a location where I can get the crankshaft specifications for this engine? I would check mine, but it is currently across town at a friend's house. I know the easiest thing would be to just buy a new lawn mower, especially since this one is really my back up, as I have a newer mower already. I just can't see myself parting with it, however, as it was my grandfather's. Also, to buy a new lawn mower with the equivalent bells and whistles would cost a lot more than to find a replacement engine. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by slycer2002; 07-14-09 at 11:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-09, 09:22 AM
Small Engine Warehouse has LV120-361544-NS for $110 and show they have 450 of them. Have a good one. Geo

Tecumseh Engine Search by Small Engine Warehouse

Search this Thread