Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

cub cadet drive problems

07-23-09, 02:09 PM   #1  
cub cadet drive problems

hi,
involving much frustration due to corrosion around the drive shaft, i've just now gotten a new drive belt onto my Cub LT 1042. i was mowing recently, drive belt shredded after four years of use...when it did, the engine ran but the mower wouldn't budge. changed the belt, smile, get on the mower, crank her up, and she sits. no movement. all springs are attached and the belt is moving fine. when i raised the mower onto its rear wheels, i noticed oil/grease on the back plate of the mower just behind the hydro trans. it has leaked what i believe to be a good amount, although i am told that the trans fluid containers on this model are factory sealed and never need to be filled or changed. i suppose this is two questions:
A) what could cause the mower to not move with a new belt?
B) recognizing that the warranty is long gone, is this something CC should be responsible for?

thanks and i appreciate your time.

Sponsored Links

07-23-09, 02:55 PM   #2  
i should note that this is an MTD model.

also, when i asked if this is something CC should be responsible for, i was referring to the hydro trans leak and i probably already know the answer to that question.

TN

07-23-09, 07:15 PM   #3  
Post the model and serial number of your tractor and the brand and model number of the transaxle installed. With this information we can better reply to your problem. Also, how old is this tractor?

Search this Thread