Bonehead mistake

Old 07-25-09, 08:24 PM
Bonehead mistake

My Craftsman Edger with an Eager-1 4.0 hp engine won't start so my neighbor and I removed the carburetor to clean it. In doing so we had to disconnect a stiff wire and a spring wire that sit somewhere on top of the carburetor. Well, as you can probably see already, we forgot how to reconnect the wires. I don't know much about engines so the names are parts are mostly unknown to me. I do know that the two wires attach to a lever that is located toward the front of the engine and it controls the speed of the engine. There are four holes in the lever. On top of the carburetor there is a plate with multiple holes (when spun, I believe it lets gas into the float) and on mounted on top of the carburetor is a cover that has the speed lever mounted on it (Stop, Slow, Fast). There is also another lever attached to the speed lever that has two holes in it and is affected only when the speed lever is switched from Slow to Fast (or vice-a-versa). We can't seem to find the right combination that results in both the level mounted on the carburetor and the level mounted toward the front of the engine to both move. Any takers on helping me figure this out? Thanks for listening!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-09, 09:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Old 07-26-09, 05:05 AM
Good diagram Mr Cheese !

Old 07-26-09, 07:15 AM
Fantastic! This is exactly what I need (read: dumbed down!). Thank you!

Old 07-26-09, 10:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad we could help!...........