Chainsaw issues....Advice Please

Old 07-28-09, 12:19 PM
Chainsaw issues....Advice Please

I have a Homelite xl 14" chainsaw and when i am running it the bar oil just runs out of the thing. Any help or suggestions please let me know. This is my first chainsaw and was inherited by my wifes grandpa.
Thanks
smb

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-09, 07:46 PM
What are talking about in that the oil runs out of it?

When the engine is running the you should have a constant flow onto the chain. The oiler hole in the bar directs the oil from the oiler into the chain groove on the bar.

Old 07-29-09, 05:44 AM
I do know that oil constantly oiling the chain. However, when the saw is turning you can see the spray of oil coming off the chain. and when you stop the chain oil drips and runs out the bottom. i am only able to make about 5-6 8" cuts before a full tank of oil runs out.

Old 07-29-09, 05:08 PM
I think there is an adjustment screw for the oiler on these,, Remove the bar & chain & blast everything clean with compressed air.. Look ((( I think))) under the saw just ahead of the clutch.... or on the side of the saw just ahead & below the clutch...I hope my failing memory doesen't send you chasing ghosts!!! Roger

Old 07-30-09, 09:39 AM
Thanks.i will definately take a look tonight!

Old 07-31-09, 06:27 AM
Yah no luck. There is not an adjustment screw. It's almost like the bar isnt tight enough against the oiler area to force the oil into the hole of the bar. it runs out around where the bar meets the motor. Is there supposed to be some kind of gasket between the two or is the bar supposed to be right on the metal?
Thanks