Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

john deere l130

08-02-09, 02:54 PM   #1  
john deere l130

I have a john deere l130 lawn mower. I was mowing with it and it was working just fine. I turned it off to put more gas in but now it won't start. I hooked jumper cables over to the mower and it won't even turn over. (or try to turn over) dead..
I put a screw driver over starter and start solenoid and heard it kicking in so I know the battery is good. Could I have a bad kill switch? maybe a bad pto switch (the switch that turns on the blades).. either of those sound possible? I unplugged the safety kill switch in the seat and nothing. anything I can try to help debug? thanks,.

Sponsored Links

IA

08-02-09, 03:47 PM   #2  
Go back to your battery and charge it fully. The clicking you came up with isn't an indication the battery is good, just you have enough power to trip the solenoid.

You can check all the battery connections and clean them, but it sounds like a low battery = bad battery or faulty charging system.

First charge the battery and go on to the switches from there.

Non-US

08-02-09, 06:20 PM   #3  
I agree with Marbobj,,,, Also if you charge the battery,, have it tested with a load tester. (not a voltmeter) As the load tester will tell you how the battery will work under actual operating conditions... Hope this helps some,,Roger

Search this Thread