mcculloch eager beaver chainsaw- help

Old 08-02-09, 09:41 PM
mcculloch eager beaver chainsaw- help

Hi I have a old eager beaver chainsaw, last week it ran and would die as soon as I hit the throttle, I took the whole thing apart and cleaned the carberator, new spark plug,blew the air filter but, I found out the gaskets on the zama carberator are bad, I looked all over to find them but they are discontinued. I called my local gardenland the guy told me to give up and get a electric saw.
I put it all back together and now its not even getting gas. does any have a soure for these gaskets or if theres a different problem? this is a pic of the discontinued gaskets

Stens 615261 ~Gasket And Diaphragm Kit ZAMA/GND-11 : Replaces Stens 615261, Zama GND11

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-09, 04:05 PM
Eager beaver products

Hi;
I had a similar problem with a leaf-blower. It seems that the EPA essentially drove this guy out of business. It was a good product ,but they insisted on changes that were too costly for a small company.
There are NO suppliers of products to fit any Eager Beaver products in the US. I did find some in Canada but the cost to obtain for the US were not feasible. Search Google for McCullough Eager Beaver for the sites. I had the sites bookmarked but deleted them when I said goodbye to my leafblower of 20 years.
Cheaper to scrap and get a new one, quickly as one supplier told me some regs are forthcoming that would make ALL small tools almost cost prohibitive. Could be sales hype but now I tend to believe them.

Old 08-03-09, 07:56 PM
Hey Farmer T...That's the gasket kit you show... Is the complete carb overhaul kit still available??? I find, for the price difference between the gaskets & the complete kit, It's worth the kit as you get screens,, needle valves,,meetering levers & other stuff... I've also found if you take the carb to an experienced parts place, they can get you fixed up... Done this lots with the Sachs-Dolmar stuff I get around here when there is no listing for carb kits,,& the habit of them using different length needle valves than the listing calls for... Give us the numbers from the carb as I'm betting the pro's can get you a number for a kit that will get you going again!!...Roger

Old 08-04-09, 11:41 AM
Wow thanks hopkins u gies are alot of help, Ill get the numbers Im' pretty sure the numbers are M1 M7 68P

o I didnt try looking for the complete kit but I'll look, wow nothing at all, is their a way to cut your own gaskets?

Last edited by Farmer Trevor; 08-04-09 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-04-09, 06:47 PM
You should see a number like c1q m27 or something like that on the main part of the carb body.. Sometimes very hard to see but it's there... Gently clean with a toothbrush & carb spray cleaner & you'll find it... Take the carb to you're local small engine dealer with the old parts & they'll fix you up with a kit if you can't see any numbers... I don't think it's possible to make you're own parts as the fuel pump & diaghragm are a special material...There is a kit available,,, Jst finding what carb you have is sometimes the hardest part!!!! Roger

Old 08-04-09, 08:07 PM
Group Moderator
Um...Trevor, I clicked on the "add to cart" of the link you posted and it says that they have them?!? I have never been able to not get a Zama carb kit. You should be good to go.

Old 08-04-09, 10:02 PM
yea umm it says they have it and i ordered it and they didnt tell me for for like two weeks its discoutinued but thanks anywaze, yea hopkins I think I'm going to bring the carb down to a shop, thanks!

Old 09-05-09, 11:48 AM
I have ordered some Zama rebuild kits for M1-M7

How did you make out with getting the carb rebuilt? Due to the scarcity of rebuild kits for the Zama M1-M7 I have ordered 5 kits. If you have not been able to get a kit or have it rebuilt, I could sell you one of the kits....

Jim