Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

husqvarna transaxel gear oil

08-04-09, 12:33 PM   #1  
husqvarna transaxel gear oil

I have a husqvarna YTH150 riding lawn mower. I just ordered some new bearings and bushings for the transaxel I need to know how much gear oil to put back in. Also need to know if I need to apply some kind of gasket material around case as there is no gasket but it was sealed somehow when i took it apart, it did not appear to have anything on it , but something was holding it together after the screws were removed.

Sponsored Links

NH

08-04-09, 04:05 PM   #2  
I don't know how much oil it takes, but since it is a Hydro, it uses 20W50 Synthetic oil. As for the gasket, that would be "Anerobic Gasket Maker" which is available at you local auto parts store.

08-05-09, 07:22 PM   #3  
Thanks for the info. After doing a little more research i found that it was 20W50 as opposed to gear oil also found out about using the gasket material. If what i found was correct i believe it will take approx. 70 to80oz of oil. if anyone knows the amount for sure it would be appreciated.

Search this Thread