Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

john deere blades wont engage

08-04-09, 04:50 PM   #1  
john deere blades wont engage

I have a 48 inch commercial walk behind that I got for free (needed a trans) and sat out side for 2 years. I have been able to get the engine running good and trans works good. The problem I am having is when I pull the pto switch nothing happens, I though it might be a relay so cheked them and can hear them clicking, so folowed the wire going to the pto clutch and jumped it with the only hot wire i have coming from the pto switch and the clutch works. So I thought I needed a new PTO switch... wrong. What else could there be to this system? The only model number john deere calls this machine is a 48 inch commercial walk behind with a 14 horse kawasaki.

Sponsored Links

Non-US

08-04-09, 07:09 PM   #2  
Do you have power on the relay anywhere if the PTO switch is Off??? Have you checked the fuses??? You'll have to look closer for a model number as what you posted doesen't come up on the JD site.. If the relay clicks, the control side of it is OK,, Now find out why you have no power on the main part of it.... Roger

08-05-09, 08:17 PM   #3  
went to john deere and copied the elctrical section checked everything all was good so finally found out that there are 2 handles that have to be compressed before the blades can engage. haha stupid me. mower works great thanks for all the help

Search this Thread