Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

When to replace chainsaw fuel filter???

IL

08-04-09, 11:52 PM   #1  
When to replace chainsaw fuel filter???

I have a Poulan Wild Thing 2175 18". Manual doesnt tell me how often the fuel filter should be replaced. Appreciate a response from anyone that knows. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Non-US

08-05-09, 12:11 AM   #2  
How often do you use it?? If only once in a while,, leave it till you need fuel lines or a carb kit... If you use it for commercial,, maybe once a month... The average homeowner cutting firewood could easily get 3 or 4 seasons cutting if you don't spill sawdust into the tank when you take the fuel cap off.... Hope this helps.... Roger

IL

08-05-09, 08:04 PM   #3  
Thanks Roger. Appreciate the reply. The saw is for home use but I recently used it daily for long periods in cutting up a couple of large, felled trees in my yard. As I tended to the air filter and exhaust screen, plug, etc., I noticed that my manual didn't indicate anything on fuel filter duration. Then I got to wondering how long they last in actual saw use hours. I started having an issue with the saw bogging down under load, (otherwise runs great), so I thought I'd start with a fuel filter replacement before going further, (though it's probably okay since the saw isn't dying or running eratic or anything??).

I'll submit a post on the forum for help with the saw delimma, but I realized I should know a bit more about fuel filter anyhow.

Visser

Search this Thread