John Deere 212 lawn & garden tractor

Old 08-05-09, 06:21 PM
John Deere 212 lawn & garden tractor

My husband had this gave to him.We need to find out what type of belts go on it? He would also like to find a manual for it?These are the numbers i found on it. Product Identification#moo212x363655 , Simmons tractor 003653
Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-09, 08:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A Deere dealer can give you whatever belts you need. They are lawn mower belts made for that mower. Manuals can be found on ebay and other manual sites on the net.

Old 08-07-09, 11:58 AM
Your tractor was built in 1986 in Horicon WI. An owners manual and a shop manual can be had through your Deere dealer (thye will have to order it) or by calling directly to Deere publications at 800-522-7448 with your tractor's serial number (for the manual correct for your tractor) and a credit card. I don't know exact current prices, but the owner's manual is in the neighborhood of $20, the shop manual is somewhere around $100. They are also available on CD-ROM for a little less money. Don't spend the money on the parts manual as that's available on line from Deere for free and constantly updated with availability of parts and pricing. Many of the manuals you see on places like Ebay, etc are illegal copies violating copyright law, and may not even be for your tractor as the 200 series was built from 1975 thru 1987 with a fair amount of changes in those 13 years, which is why it's important to have your serial number when ordering. Note that Deere never used the letter "o" in serial numbers, it's always a "zero".