Yard Machines won't start

Old 08-07-09, 09:32 AM
Question Yard Machines won't start

I have a Yard Machines lawn tractor #134A67OFO62.
I thinks its 6 or 7 years old and has a Techumseh 1-cylinder engine. I bought it used, but it was running just fine until Sunday. I shut it off to have lunch. When I tried to restart it, nothing happened. No sound or action of any kind. A firend suggested it had blown a fuse and said the fuse holder should be behind the dash panel. I looked there but didn't find anything that looked like a fuse holder to me. Any suggestions ???

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-09, 10:30 AM
I think there is an error with the model number you posted.

Not all MTD branded mowers use fuses.

Using 12 gauge or larger wire and jump (touch to) both of large bolt terminals on the solenoid. Does the starter motor turn? If YES, problem is ignition switch, solenoid or something in safety circuit. If NO, take the battery out and have it tested. They do go bad. If the battery tests good, remove and clean all primary electrical connections, battery, solenoid, starter, etc. Next you can look at safety switches. Depending on the switch they will either need to be disconnected or jumped.

Post back if you need further assistance.

You may find owners manual at the link below. You will need the model and serial number.

PDF Manual Web Archive

Old 08-07-09, 11:16 AM
Thanks much. I'll try your suggestions

Search this Thread